Monday, December 8, 2008

a real grown-up










I got a referral recently to work with a personal trainer to do the photos for her website www.aliaknowles.com

I'm so used to working with kids that I didn't know what to do! I'm petite and she had legs that wouldn't stop, so I was dealing with a whole new situation. I suggested meeting at Battery Spencer, not realizing it's probably the most photographed vista point for San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. Still, I wasn't sorry we met there. With her close friend "L" along for moral support we were not to be stopped.

We started in the buildings at the battery itself and got some moody shots in street clothes. Changing clothes in the crowded park was a challenge, but Alia took it all in stride. Deftly switching into shorts and a hoodie, she was ready for a little walk down a path for some "lifestyle" photos. Lastly, it was up to the platform for a sunset shoot of Alia doing yoga. Let me tell you, she was competing with the Golden Gate Bridge at sunset on a Sunday for attention from all the visitors and I think she was winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment