Saturday, February 14, 2009

how I got all those rose petals

baby couture magazine

So I was doing a shoot for Baby Couture Magazine for the spring 2008 issue. I had the concept of "April Showers bring May flowers." Not that unique, but I'm thinking shower curtains as backdrops, kids in shower caps, and lots of flowers. So, I head out on a very rainy day to procure flowers from a certain chain discount club warehouse store. I see this woman in the flower department removing the petals OFF roses. So I'm like, uh, what are you going to do with those petals? Throw them away, she replies. May I throw them away for you? After some discourse, yes, she agrees that I may throw them away for her. Half an hour later, I'm walking out of a certain store with a few large boxes of rose petals.

Voila! I've got my third cover for Baby Couture! The cover model happens to be a local actress who worked with my son on Story about a Witch. The mag picked her, so it was just one of those coincidences that we knew each other.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment